Android Annotations is open source framework to make Android programming faster. A code is clearer and easier to maintain.
- Dependency injection : inject views, extras, system services, resources, …
- Simple thread model: annotations to the methods in which thread to be executed (UI thread or background thread).
- Event handling: annotations to the methods which handle events on the views
- REST: simple way to create REST client, for deep implementation is responsible AA
- No magic: Is it the plus? Yes, it is if we want clarity. AAs generate subclasses in compilation time and we can look at the code and way how it works (for activity and fragment with an underscore, for example, MainActivity_).
- Light: less than 150kb, performance is still very good!
Code example from AA site: